GEDKeeper program is developed for work with personal genealogical database.
The program is designed for extremely simple and intuitive interface. The program is very easy to install on the computer, fully supports the GEDCOM format, has no restrictions on the number of persons and generations, allows you to generate pedigrees, building several tree species, as well as print and save their images, provides fast navigation, filtering, searching and adding multimedia materials. In addition there is an output of geographic data on Google maps (© Google).
The aim of the program is as quick and effective means of conducting personal genealogical database.
Released version v2.16.2
- (+) Implemented moving notes up and down [Milan Kosina].
- (+) Implemented line wrapping in the HyperView of information panel.
- (+) Added check for file existence when creating multimedia records.
- (+) Added verification of the database for multimedia records (lack of files, archives, storages).
- (+) Added support for relative paths to media files [Milan Kosina].
- (*) Fixed the choice of the type of file storage in the multimedia dialog.
- (+) Implemented the removal of multimedia files when deleting their records.
- (*) Fixed event output if an additional event type is not specified.
- (*) Fixed renaming and deleting of location records.
- (*) Fixed merging family and individual records, transition buttons in editing dialogs, button images.
- (*) Fixed editing dates of events with periods.
- (+) Added new diagnostics for data verification: for families without spouses and/or children [Kevin D. Sandal].
- (+) Added hotkey for saving files from tree diagrams.
- (*) Fixed support for formats with zero IDs of records.
- (*) Fixed opening files and OSM geocoder operation.
- (*) Cleaning and optimization, improved support for two third-party GEDCOM formats.
- (*) Fixed the script of the portable package.
- (*) Fixed the work of the "Compare databases" tool.
- (*) Fixed external viewing of PDF files (and other not supported by the embedded viewer).
- (*) Proofreading of the English manual [Kevin D. Sandal].
- (*) Implemented preliminary support for GedML format.
- (*) Fixed pedigrees localization.
- (*) Fixed Calendar plugin.
- (*) Fixed overlapping of neighboring persons in tree diagrams.
- (*) Fixed incorrect parsing of interpretable dates from Ahnenblatt.
- (*) Fixed missing substructures in media records from extraneous files.
- (*) Fixed convert links to sources in source records .
- (*) Fixed convert media links to media records, and convert non-standard x-references.
- (*) Fixed reading standard coordinates of the place.
- (*) Minor improvement of circle chart.
- (*) Improved support for several GEDCOM file formats.
- (*) Fix of sorting the columns of some tables.
- (*) Fix of long-distance displacement of male nodes (tree chart) in the presence of more than one marriage and a large tree of descendants from the first wife.
- (*) Improved date input in the event dialog with regional format settings.
- (*) Bugfixes for FlowInput plugin.
- (+) Added the possibility to create and connect plugins to replace record's edit dialogs.
- (*) Restored loading recent files.
- (+) Created a new plugin for managing "folders" in GEDCOM files (to separate work areas in large files).
- (+) Added option to automatically detect charset of GEDCOM files at load.
- (*) Fixed execution of Lua scripts.
- (*) Reduced memory consumption when loading large files (25-42%).
- (*) Optimized a number of functions, allowing to significantly increase the speed of loading and processing large files (from 30 thousand records to very large files - 91mb, 538 thousand records, load time 25 seconds!).
Released version v2.15.0
- (+) Added control unit for several families of parents and for the type of child/parent linkage (adoption, foster, etc.).
- (*) Improved handling of parts of names.
- (+) Added option to disable checking for a valid tree size (in most cases, checking is outdated, but can sometimes be useful).
- (+) Added saving and restoring selected sorting columns in tables.
- (+) Added the feature to disable the sorting of children and enable sorting of spouses for family's records.
- (+) Added the feature to select colors for persons in tree charts.
- (+) Created the Czech translation [Michal Novák].
- (+) Added GKTray application (birthdays reminder and recent files manager).
- (+) Added detection of data loops.
- (*) Fixed minor bugs.
- (+) Added new validations of data.
Released version v2.14.0
- (*) Fixed the bug with adding/removing portraits of persons.
- (+) Returned the status bar to the chart's windows and added information about the size of the image.
- (*) Fixed bug of loading FTBv6 files with the encoding Win1251 (ANSI + Rus).
- (*) Improved collapsing tree branches.
- (*) Fixed several minor bugs and simplified development projects.
- (+) Finalized and included the generator of the Tree Album.
- (+) Added the option of circle charts: arc text on/off.
- (+) Added options for tree charts: margins, intervals between branches and intervals between generations.
- (+) Added options for tree charts: hide unknown spouses and show birth and death places.
- (*) Restored the work of the maps module.
- (+) Implemented portable mode of the program.
Released version v2.13.2
- (*) Fixed the bug of reading standard GEDCOM notes.
Released version v2.13.1
- (+) Implemented the saving of circle charts in SVG.
- (*) Fixed bug in the tree's chart with folding of branches.
- (*) Fixed bug in the plugin "History Data".
- (*) Fixed bug in the plugin "Data quality".
- (+) Added option "Automatically check for updates".
- (*) Fixed bug of loading of files "Agelong Tree" with incorrect encoding ANSEL.
- (*) Fixed a crash in checking for new versions in WinXP.
Released version v2.13.0
- (+) Added the folding of tree branches.
- (*) The generator "Family Book" has been revised.
- (+) Added option of displaying dates of marriages in tree diagrams.
- (+) Added the inverted tree mode (ancestors at the bottom, descendants at the top).
- (+) Added control keys for the number of generations displayed in circle charts.
- (*) Fixed drawing of background of circle charts when outputting to a file.
- (*) Fixed working of option "Hide empty segments" in circle charts.
- (+) Added reports "Phonetics" and "Contemporaries".
- (+) Created the first reporting plugin (reports "Frequency of names" and "Personal events").
- (+) Created the subsystem of external reporting plugins.
- (*) Fixed auto-scrolling of tree diagram when clicking on personal record.
- (+) Added an examples of the databases "The Human Origins" (rus, lat) and "Ancient Kingdoms" (rus).
- (+) Added a new plugin "History Data (links)".
- (+) Added support for editing names in different languages.
- (+) Added support for saving a snapshot of a tree in SVG format.
- (+) Rpm-packages for Fedora / Rosa Linux are added.
- (+) Added a new geocoder (OSM).
- (+) Added a new plugin "Data Quality".
- (+) Added possibility of highlighting portraits on general photos.
- (*) Restored supporting of Ansel GEDCOM encoding.
- (*) Fixed minor translation errors.
- (+) Added a new plugin "WordsCloud".
- (*) Fixed the problem of extra lines in family records while saving GEDCOM files, which led to import problems in other programs.